Roger Barton b. 1730 Long Island, NY, d. 1823, m. Elizabeth Miller, born in Savannah, Georgia. They moved from Peekskill, Dutchess County, NY to NB 1783 as Loyalists and settled at The Range, Waterborough Parish, Queens County.
1) Roger Barton b. 1760, d. 1817: married Martha – : briefly settled on the Nashwaak River, but returned to NY in 1789
2) William Barton, born 1765, d. 3 Oct 1828, m. Jane Burk and settled at Grand Lake. They had children.
3) Andrew Barton b. 1778, d. 20 Jul 1831, m. 8 Oct 1798 Mary Cross, born 1775, died 12 Mar 1821. They settled at Cox Point, Grand Lake: had issue.
4) John Barton b. 1780, d. 20 Aug 1842, m. Hannah Miller, b. 1791, d. 1847: lived at The Range
5) Joseph Barton b. 1782, d. 29 Dec 1840, m. Hannah Allen, b. 21 Aug 1786, died 1879: lived at Cumberland Bay, Queens County
6) Sarah Barton b. 1784, possibly m. David MacDonald
7) Elizabeth Barton born 10 Aug 1785, d. 11 Jun 1837, married 11 Nov 1807 Simon Wright, as second wife. Returned to Peekskill, NY.
PANB:MC1/Barton, 115 pages: file contains an annotated copy of Roger Barton’s Kinsmen.
Another copy is found in PANB:MC80/1087: data on Queens County families of Burke, Hawhurst or Haux and Smyth. James Smyth b. Ireland, d. 1851, married Hannah Douglas. Their son was William Smyth b. 1803, died 1884. He was a drummer boy at the Battle of Waterloo. William Smyth married Jane Murphy.
see PANB:MC80/364 E. Stone Wiggins, History of Queens County 1876, pages 12-13: which says daughter, Elizabeth Barton married Henry MacDonald.