Thomas Cloney Sr. from County Wicklow, Ireland, m. Margaret Lindsay originally from Scotland. They came to NB 1832 and settled at Brockway, Manners Sutton Parish, York County.
1) Richard Cloney born 1829, m. (1st) Mary Scullin, (2nd) Nancy Mooney: moved to Minnesota
2) Thomas Cloney Jr. b. 1831, d. 1913, m. Teresa O’Neill of Maces Bay: had 6 children.
3) Mary Ann Cloney b. in NB, m. William Quinn: went to Providence, RI
4) Margaret Cloney m. (1st) Tom Scullin, (2nd) John Denver: moved to Minnesota. Their daughter Sarah Denver returned to NB, m. Gregory Watters and settled in St. Stephen
5) Michael Cloney m. Elizabeth Watters and had five children.
PANB:MC1/Cloney, 4 pages: file contains a report titled The advent of the Cloney’s which tells of Thomas Cloney Sr. and his brother Michael Cloney arriving at St. George in the Spring of 1832. They made their way up Magaguadavic River to Brockway and were the first settlers after Rufus and Ruben Brockway. Thomas’ wife Margaret and their two sons, Richard and Thomas Jr., and Thomas Sr.’s father arrived 1834. Thomas’ brother Michael Cloney m. Anne Cogan and had 13 children. He and 9 of these children moved to California. His son Charles remained in NB, married Margaret Fitzmaurice, and settled at Tower Hill. Hannah Cloney also remained and married James Cassidy.