Robert Colpitts born 1745 s/o John and Elizabeth (Jackson) Colpitts of Winston, Durham, England, d. 1810, m. (1st) 1767 Margaret Wade, d. 1794. In 1783 the family settled at Salisbury, Westmorland County, NB.
The first 6 children were born at Durham, England:
1) John Colpitts born 17 Apr 1768, died 1794, m. Eleanor Foster
2) Robert Colpitts born 25 Nov 1770, m. Rachel Steeves: settled at Dickie Mountain
3) Elizabeth Colpitts b. 12 Mar 1773, m. Lewis Smith of Londonderry, Ireland and settled on Pollett River
4) Thomas Colpitts b. 3 Dec 1773, m. Eunice Reynolds of Lubec, ME: settled on Pollett River.
5) William Colpitts born Jun 1775, m. Elizabeth (Cummings) Stiles of Coverdale: lived at Middle Coverdale.
6) Ralph Colpitts born 1 Jan 1778, died 1856, married (1st) Maria Jones of Moncton: settled on Pollett River, married (2nd) Hannah Raymond of Hampton, m. (3rd) Emma Mollins of Coverdale
7) George Colpitts b. 12 Sep 1782, married (1st) Elizabeth Foster of Amherst, NS, a sister of his brother John’s wife, m. (2nd) Grace Mollins, a sister of Ralph’s third wife, m. (3rd) Elizabeth Mollins, sister of Grace
8) Margaret Colpitts b. 11 Oct 1784 in NB, m. Jacob Day of Wickham, NB
9) Jane Colpitts b. 3 Oct 1786, m. Christopher Horsman Jr.
PANB:MC1/Colpitts/Bissett/Lamb, 30 pages: file contains a copy of The Colpitts family in America.
See also PANB:MC1/Colpitts #2, 13 pages: Robert and Margaret Wade Colpitts: Pioneers of New Brunswick. A reference on page 2 of Colpitts #2 says that Martha Colpitts, a first cousin of Robert noted above, born 1739 d/o Thomas Colpitts and Eleanor Allen of Rokeby, Yorkshire, married in 1760 John Atkinson and came with 6 children on same ship. Her sister Margaret Colpitts born 1742, m. 1767 George Forster (Foster) of Swalwell and came to NS in 1774 with 4 daughters, two of whom married Robert’s sons, noted above: see PANB:MC80/338 I. Allen Jack’s Biographical Review, pages 143-144.