William Doherty married Marjorie Fetters. After his death, his widow left Parish of [Rag], County Donegal, Ireland (Is this Parish of Lag rather than Rag?) and, with her children, came to NB about 1820. They settled in Saint John, then in Nova Scotia, then in Kent County, NB.
1) Isaac Doherty came to NB about five years before his mother and siblings. He married Cynthia Wells and settled near Bay Verte, NB.
2) William Doherty m. Nancy McLeland of Great Village, NS and eventually settled at Richibucto, Kent County, NB.
3) Grisilda Doherty, eldest daughter, m. John Reid and settled at Mill Branch, NB
4) Jane Doherty m. Richard Jones of Point de Bute
5) Mary Doherty married George Spencer and eventually settled at Mill Branch, NB.
6) Joseph Doherty, the youngest child. He first settled at Buctouche, NB, then at Campbellton.
PANB: MC80/45 Howard Trueman’s The Chignecto Isthmus and its first settlers, pages 265-266.
William Doherty’s aunt, Mrs. John McGregor, lived in Richibucto, NB and was a sister to Mrs Joseph Irvin of Point de Bute, NB.