Edward Ellis born 1759 in Ireland. He came to NB in 1816 with his wife and ten of their 13 children and settled on Bay Chaleur, New Bandon Parish, Gloucester County.
1) Richard Ellis
2) Francis Ellis b. 1789: he arrived in 1816 with wife and children
3) Thomas Ellis b. 1793
4) Edward Ellis
5) John Ellis
6) Matthew Ellis
7) Robert Ellis.
PANB:MC80/40 Margaret Hunter’s Pioneer settlers of the Bay of Chaleur, pages 12 and 14.
John Ellis born c1846 in County Donegal, Ireland, d. 26 Jul 1877 at St. Martins, Saint John County. He came to NB before 1871 and served as a Methodist minister.
PANB:MC80/97 E. Arthur Betts’ Bishop Black and his preachers, page 137.
John Valentine Ellis b. 14 Feb 1835 at Halifax, NS, s/o Michael and Margaret (Walsh) Ellis, natives of Ireland, d. 10 Jul 1913. John came to NB in 1862 and settled in Saint John. He married in 1864 to Mary Caroline Babbitt b. 1840 d/o Samuel Babbitt of Saint John, died 22 Jan 1922.
1) Frank D. Ellis: settled in Saint John
2) William Leonard Ellis b. 1871, d. 13 Jan 1949: settled in Saint John
3) George D. Ellis born 1874, d. 2 Apr 1944, m. Georgia Cole and settled in Saint John
4) John Valentine Ellis Jr.: moved to Yakima, WA
5) Joseph Nealon Ellis b. 25 Jul 1875, d. Sep 1942, m. 1 Dec 1900 Maude A. Ellis: moved to Vancouver, BC
6) Margaret Ellis m. (1st) Mr. Lawrence, (2nd) Mr. Calhoun
7) Anna Ellis m. Mr. E.R. Taylor of Saint John.
PANB: MC1156 Graves Papers: John Valentine Ellis, 1 page.