Philip Ferguson, born 1812 in Dublin, Ireland, died 1858. He was the son of Patrick Charles Ferguson. He came to NB as a child with his parents and settled in Portland (Saint John). He married Catherine McKenna, born 1814 at Truagh, County Monaghan, Ireland. (Unable to find Truagh, Monaghan, however there is a townland of Tooa in Co. Monaghan), died 1896. She was the daughter of Terence McKenna. She came to NB at age 16 to live with an aunt.
1) John C. Ferguson b. 4 May 1842 in Portland
2) Philip Ferguson Jr.
3) Agnes Ferguson m. James Gerow of Saint John
4) Annie R. Ferguson
5) Mary Ferguson d. at age four years.
PANB:MC80/338 I. Allen Jack’s Biographical Review, pages 549-550.
Patrick Ferguson was the son of a Scotsman in the British army posted in Ireland. He came to NB with his family and settled in Portland (Saint John).
William J. Ferguson was born c1801 at Belfast, Ireland. He was the son of James Ferguson. He came to NB May 1820. He married 21 Jan 1845 to Isabel Jackson and settled at Pennfield, Charlotte County.
1) James Ferguson b. c1846
2) Sarah Elizabeth Ferguson b. 22 Mar 1847, d. 1935, m. 16 Feb 1871 Albert Harvey Wentworth
3) Jennie Ferguson b. c1848, m. 7 Jan 1882 Tobias Davis
4) George Jackson Ferguson b. 3 Apr 1849, d. 27 Jan 1916, m. 16 Dec 1874 Ami-Meli Margaret Ellen McCullough: moved to Maine.
PANB:MC1/Ferguson #1,2, 7 pages.