Michael Flood was born in Kildare, Ireland. He came to NB at age 19 and settled in Saint John. He was married in 1840 to Winifred Ryan, a native of Kings County and daughter of Charles Ryan who came from northern Ireland.
1) Mary Flood m. Cornelius Gallagher of Saint John
2) Margaret Flood m. John Nugent
3) Sarah Flood m. James Duke of Saint Joh
4) Catherine Flood married Andrew Pauley of Saint John
5) Patrick Flood: moved to Bangor, ME.
6) John Flood born 1855 in Saint John, m. (1st) 1880 Mertina Toomey, b. – , d. 1882, d/o Humphrey Toomey of Carleton, Saint John, m. (2nd) 10 Feb 1891 Elizabath Nash d/o John Nash of Moncton and had five children
7) Annie Flood married Robert J. Ritchie of Saint John.
PANB:MC80/338 I. Allen Jack’s Biographical Review, pages 325-326.