Lawrence McGill born in Queenstown/Cobh, Co. Cork in 1829. Died August 1, 1906, and is buried at St. Mary’s Cemetery in Saint John, New Brunswick #545. Lawrence came to Canada with (at least) his father, Henry McGill, 1802 – 1868, in or around 1858 – 1860. Lawrence married Mary Gary, 1835 – 1910, in Ireland, in 1852. Lawrence and Mary lived at 7 Mill Street in Saint John until their home was destroyed in the 1877 fire. When Mary died she was living at 40 Exmouth Street in Saint John. Mary’s younger borther, Michael Gary, drowned at Lily Lake at the age of 17 in 1859.
1) Henry McGill, born 1854 in Ireland, became a priest
2) Catherine (Cassie) McGill, born 1856 in Ireland, died 1912. Wed by her brother Henry to John O’Neil of Clonakilty, Co. Cork, in Saint John in 1879 and had 7 children.
3) Margaret (Maggie) McGill, born 1857, died 1932 in Bath, Maine, where her husband, Thomas Lundrigan was from.
4) Ellen, born 1859, no other info. May have died young.
5) Michael J., born 1862. No other info.
6) Lawrence G., born 1864, died 1918 in Rochester, New Hampshire, where he had been a judge and had married Sadie Carson.
7) Mary (Mamie) E., born 1866, wed Frank Jobin in 1890 at Lisbon, Maine.
8) Agnes, born 1868, wed Thomas Burns, had 12 children in Saint John.
9) Robert, no info available, may have died young.
Source: Submitted by Paul O’Neill [email@example.com ]