Alexander Gibson was born 1 Aug 1819, and died 16 Aug 1913. He came to NB from Belfast, Ireland with his parents and settled at Lepreau, Charlotte County. He married Mary Robinson, born – , died 6 Feb 1898.
The only child mentioned was son, Alexander Gibson Jr. born 15 Dec 1852 at Lepreau, NB, died 9 Apr 1920. He was a lumberman in Charlotte County. He came to Nashwaak River in 1862 and created a lumbering business. He married, (1st), Minnie Topley, daughter of John Topley of Saint John and had one son.
He married, (2nd), Charlotte Reid, daughter of R.A. Reid of Grand River, NB and had one son and one daughter.
PANB: MC1156 Graves Papers Alexander Gibson Jr., 1 page.
See also PANB:MC3/456 Alexander “Boss” Gibson in Heroes of New Brunswick by Arthur T. Doyle, in The Daily Gleaner, Fredericton, 5 May 1984, 1 page.
Andrew Gibson was born 19 Oct 1779 in County Tyrone, Ireland. He married Elizabeth Worthall. They came to NB in 1820 and settled at Youngs Creek in Waterborough Parish, Queens County.
1) Sarah Gibson m. Robert Elliott
2) Mary Gibson m. James Hughes
3) Elizabeth Gibson married Samuel Nixon
4) Eleanor Gibson married Samuel Robertson
5) Margaret Ann Gibson m. George Nelson Smith.
PANB:MC80/364 E. Stone Wiggins, History of Queens County 1876, page 30.
Edward Gibson was born 1809 in Ireland , and died 1869. He came to NB about 1827 and settled at Cummings Cove on Deer Island in West Isles Parish, Charlotte County. He married, (1st) – , (2nd), on the 3rd of August 1836, Ellen Cummings, born 1816, died 1841.
children of second marriage:
1) Ellen Gibson b. 1836, d. 1853
2) Edward Gibson b. 1836, d. 1858
3) William Gibson b. 1838, d. 1851
4) Mary Ann Gibson b. 1840, d. 1870, married 25 Sep 1867 James Edward Farris born 1845, died 1909
He married, (3rd), Sarah – born 1804, died 1852.
He married, (4th) 16 Jun 1854 Eliza Britt of Saint John, born 1822, died 1901.
children of fourth marriage:
5) Elizabeth Ellen Gibson born 1855, d. 1939 married Jeremiah K. Fountain born 1849, d. 1915
6) Sarah Maria Gibson b. 1858, d. 1883, m. George Sabine MacDonald born 1854.
PANB:MC80/21 Martha Barto’s Passamaquoddy: Genealogies of West Isles families, page 93.
Stuart Gibson, born 1814 in Ireland, was the son of Alexander and Jeanette (Moore) Gibson. He married, 1 Mar 1837, Rebecca Jane Evans, born 1818 in Ireland and settled in Saint James Parish, Charlotte County.
1) Margaret King Gibson b. c1838, m. 1 Dec 1863 John Russell Blair
2) James Gibson b. c1839
3) Alexander Gibson b. 3 Mar 1841, d. 25 Apr 1921
4) Stuart Gibson b. c1843, m. 12 Oct 1873 Harriet Gardiner
5) Jannet Gibson b. c1845, m. 20 Apr 1868 Robert W. McElroy
6) Mary S. Gibson b. c1848
7) John Evans Gibson b. 17 Feb 1850
8) Robert K. Gibson born c1852
9) Thomas McConnell Gibson b. 5 Feb 1854
10) William J. Gibson b. c1857, m. 12 Sep 1887 Jennie W. Anderson
11) Frederick C. Gibson b. c1859, m. Mary Ann Anderson.
PANB:MC1/Gibson #1, 2 pages.
Thomas Gibson was born 1794 in Scotland. He came to NB in 1827 and married, 26 Jul 1827, Mary McCormack, born c1809 in Ireland and settled in Simonds Parish, Carleton County.
1) Thomas Craig Gibson b. c1831, d. 25 Aug 1889, m. 8 Oct 1863 Rebecca Anderson
2) Robert Gibson b. c1832, m. Mary Gilman b. 1837
3) Mary Gibson b. c1836, m. 29 Mar 1860 George Anderson b. 1833
4) William Gibson b. c1839, m. 1 Jan 1863 Elizabeth Bryden
5) Catherine Gibson b. c1842
6) George Gibson b. c1844, m. 8 Jul 1869 Harriet Wolverson b. 1847
7) Frances Gibson b. c1847, m. 31 Dec 1873 Shuman E. Estey
8) Agnes C. Gibson b. c1848.
PANB:MC1/Gibson #2, 1 page.