Michel Guignard, born 1757 Kamouraska, Quebec, died 9 Oct 1829, was the son of Pierre Guignard and Geneviève Mignier dit Lagacé. He married, (1st), on 23 Jan 1792 at Bonaventure, QC, Marie Bourg, daughter of Joseph and Catherine (Comeau) Bourg. He married, (2nd), Anne Daigle widow of Chrysostome Chiasson of Lamèque. They settled in Bonaventure, Quebec. They came to NB about 1794 and first settled at Caraquet, then at Shippegan in Gloucester County.
1) Pierre Guignard born 3 Jan 1793 at Bonaventure, QC, m. 28 Mar 1830 probably at Inkerman, NB, Madeleine Robichaud d/o Jean and Marie (Bourgeois) Robichaud
2) Marie Geneviève Guignard born 12 Mar 1794 at Caraquet, NB, married 22 Sep 1823 Thomas Power of Pokemouche, NB s/o James and Margaret (Quillan) Power, formerly of County Waterford, Ireland
3) Joseph Guignard b. 22 Feb 1796 at Caraquet
4) Marie Céleste Guignard b. 21 Apr 1808 at Shippagan, married 21 Sep 1832 at Caraquet, François David, widower of Henriette Albert of Newport, Gaspe, QC
5) Marie Claire Guignard b. 19 Mar 1810 Caraquet, m. 2 Mar 1829 at Caraquet, Benjamin Robichaud d/o Jean and Marie (Bourgeois) Robichaud of Inkerman
6) Urbain Guignard b. 9 Oct 1811 at Shippagan
7) Rufin Guignard born 6 Apr 1814 at Shippagan, m. 1 Feb 1836 at Newport, QC, Madeleine Grenier d/o François and Victoire Grenier of Port Daniel, QC.
PANB:MC80/286 Donat Robichaud’s Le grand Chipagan: histoire de Shippagan”, page 332.
See also PANB:MC80/99 William F. Ganong’s The history of Shippegan, pages 151-152.