William Hanington was born c1759 in London, England, and died 14 Sep 1838. He came to NB in 1785 and settled at Shediac Cape, Westmorland County. In 1792 he married Mary Derby, born NY 1774, daughter of Benjamin Derby, a Loyalist of Newburg, NY, and of St. Eleanor, PEI. Mary died 14 Aug 1851.
1) Elizabeth Hanington born 1793, died young
2) William Hanington b. 1795, m. Ann Dale Brownell of Dorchester, NB
3) John Hanington b. 1799, married Alice Brownell of Dorchester, NB
4) Ruth Hanington born 1801, married John Bateman of New Carlisle, England
5) Mary Hanington b. 1802, married John Welling of Shediac s/o John and Elizabeth (Derby) Welling
6) Daniel Hanington born 10 Apr 1804, d. 5 May 1889, m. 27 Oct 1831 Margaret Ann Peters born 1812 d/o William Peters of Gagetown, NB, died 6 May 1887
7) Joseph Hanington b. 1806, m. Esther Weldon of Dorchester, NB
8) Elizabeth Hanington b 1808, married Robert Hamilton of Clyde River, NS
9) George Lionel Hanington b. 1810, married Mary Elizabeth Kennedy of PEI
10) Deborah Ann Hanington b. 1813, m. Richard Bell of Belfast, Ireland
11) Matilda Jane Hanington born 1816, m. Joshua Wood of Westmorland Point, NB
12) Eliza Hanington born 1818, died unmarried
13) Lucy Carolyn Hanington b. 1820, m. Edward Chalmers Scott of Salisbury, NB.
PANB:MC1/Welling, 10 pages: see PANB:MC80 #345 A history of old Shediac, New Brunswick by Fannie Chandler Bell, 1937, pages 1-4.
See PANB: MC1286 Volume VII Dictionary of Canadian Biography, pages 383-384.
See also PANB: MC1156 Graves Papers Daniel Hanington 1 page.