Samuel Hunter was born 1760 near Belfast, Northern Ireland, and died 1815 in Ireland. He married Isabella Edwards, born 1764, the daughter of an Episcopal minister. She died 1853 in Ireland.
Their children were born in Ireland:
1) James Hunter born 1784, d. 30 Dec 1876, m. 8 Feb 1820 in Greenock, Scotland, Margaret Allan born 1784 d/o Robert and Margaret (MacAdam) Allan, d. 1848: James and Margaret’s daughter Jane Hunter b. 19 Sep 1822 came to NB in 1846 with her parents and two sisters and married on 7 Sep 1846 John Tenpenny Murphy b. 24 Sep 1820 in Sussex, NB
2) Samuel Hunter b. 1786: was a soldier who fought in Napoleonic and Crimean wars: came to NB in 1877 and died unmarried at Saint John, NB in 1881
3) Jane Hunter b. 1788, d. 1873, m. James Wilson, a pensioned soldier and came to NB in 1851: they had 4 children
4) Isabella Hunter b. 1790, died unmarried 1883: came to NB in 1819
5) Elizabeth Hunter b. 1792, d. 1875: to NB in 1819: married Jacob Yeomans, settled on Kennebecasis and had 4 children
6) Thomas Hunter b. 1796: soldier: killed 1815 at battle of Waterloo
7) Rachel Hunter b. 1802, d. 1820: to NB in 1819
8) Rebecca Hunter b. 1804, died unmarried in Ireland 1820
9) Mathew Hunter b. 1806, d. 1894: to NB in 1819 and settled at Hampton, NB: m. Bridget Toner.
PANB:MC1/Hunter #2, 6 pages.
Thomas Hunter, from Londonderry, Ireland, came to NB in 1815. He returned to Ireland in 1817 and married Abigail Curren of Londonderry. They settled at Bloomfield Ridge, Stanley Parish, York County.
1) Thomas Hunter Jr. m. Margaret Bruce and had 8 children
2) Dennis Hunter married Hannah Howard and had 7 children
3) John Hunter m. Annie Hayes and had 1 daughter
4) Miles Hunter m. Christina Hayes and had 3 children
5) James Hunter married a French woman in Quebec
6) Daniel Hunter drowned unmarried on a Miramichi River log drive
7) Abigail Hunter died age 2.
PANB:MC1/Hunter #1, 11 pages: the file contains a copy of a diary kept by Elbridge G. Hunter.