Joseph Kennedy, born in County Derry, Ireland, came to NB in 1842 and settled at Whites Cove, Cambridge Parish, Queens County. He married Mary Christie.
1) James Kennedy m. Mary McLean
2) Andrew Kennedy m. Sarah Branscombe
3) William Kennedy married Mary Ann Gale
4) Joseph Kennedy
5) Matilda J. Kennedy
6) Mary A. Kennedy
7) Margaret E. Kennedy
8) Julia M. Kennedy.
PANB:MC80/364 E. Stone Wiggins, History of Queens County, 1876, page 37.
William Kennedy was born 1812 in Ireland of Scottish ancestry. He came to the US in 1826 and settled in Boston, MA. He married, 1832, Mary A. Swords, born 1815, died 1888, the daughter of Edward and Isabella Swords of Boston. They came to NB in 1847 and settled in Saint John.
1) Edward J. Kennedy born 3 Jun 1834 in Boston, MA, m. 1868 Margaret Austin d/o Henry and Susan (Wright) Austin of Saint John: they had three children
2) Susan Kennedy married Stephen Case
3) William L. Kennedy died at age 22
4) Freeland Kennedy (Dr.) d. at age 30 in Saint John, m. Miss Bennett d/o Rev. James Bennett of Saint John: had one child.
PANB:MC80/338 I. Allen Jack’s Biographical Review, pages 187-188.