Alexander Lindsay, born 5 Jun 1781 in County Fermanagh, Ireland, died in 1878. He married Elizabeth Hetherington, born 1794, died 1859. They came from Ireland to America in 1820 and first settled at Bath, ME, but soon moved to NB and settled at Lindsay, Wakefield, Carleton County. They had a large family.
The only child mentioned was son, William Lindsay born 13 Aug 1813 in Ireland, d. 7 Sep 1895, married 1837 Harriett Parsons b. 1822 d/o Stephen Parsons of Woodstock, d. 18 Apr 1910: settled at Woodstock, NB: had twelve children.
PANB:MC1156 Graves Papers: William Lindsay, 1 page.
See also PANB:MC80/338 I. Allen Jack’s Biographical Review, pages 349-351.
Ninian Lindsay, born in 1753 in Ireland, came to NB about 1786 and settled at St. Stephen, Charlotte County. He died 25 Feb 1828. He married Hannah Marks.
1) Robert Lindsay died young
2) Ninian Lindsay Jr. b. 1799, d Apr 1864
3) Eliza Ann Lindsay b. -, d. 4 Jan 1842, m. Robert M. Todd
4) Elizabeth Lindsay m. William Andrews
5) William Lindsay
6) Andrew Lindsay
7) George Lindsay
8) Caroline Lindsay.
PANB:MC80/60 I.C. Knowlton’s Annals of Calais, ME and St. Stephen, NB, page 204.
See also PANB:MC1156 Graves Papers: Ninian Lindsay, 1 page.
Thomas Lindsay, born 1790 in County Derry, Ireland, married (1st), May 1819, Jane Caskey at Newtown, Limavady, Northern Ireland. Jane died in 1829. He came to NB in 1821 and settled in Shirley Settlement, Burton Parish, Sunbury County, NB.
children of the first marriage:
1) Sarah Jane Lindsay b. 1819, m. at Fredericton Junction, John Alexander s/o Thomas L. Alexander
2) Andrew Lindsay born 1821 settled near Woodstock in Carleton County
3) Thomas Lindsay b. 1825, d. 4 Jan 1869, m. Mary Jane Parsons b. c1838, d. 22 Sep 1867
children of the second marriage:
4) George W. Lindsay b. 12 Jun 1830, d. 15 Apr 1903, married Margaret Thompson b. 29 Jan 1829, d. 30 Dec 1909
5) John W. Lindsay b. 1834, d. 1 May 1871, m. Jane Cambridge
6) Charles Lindsay born 9 May 1836, d. 1 Apr 1873, married 22 Dec 1866 Charlotte A. Shirley born 25 Dec 1846 d/o John E. and Fannie (Brown) Shirley.
PANB:MC1/Lindsay, 8 pages.