Lesson Plan One
Grade Level: High School
If classroom time allows, or students are interested in further self-directed study, the following activities are provided to supplement or augment the
Lesson Plan activities for this module.
1. Ask the students to research the varied ways we study the past. Some possible topics include paleontology, anthropology, paleobotany, chemistry, environmental science, geography, climatology, and microbiology.
1. Ask the students to respond in writing to the following prompt:
– If you were to create a Time Capsule for future generations that reflects where you live, and what is important in your culture, what would you include in it?
1. Read the following articles contained within this site then write an imaginary diary entry chronicling a day in the life of a person in an early New Brunswick settlement.
– A Hard Life Surely: The Role of Women in Rural Irish Communities – By Linda Evans
– March 1903 – A Month in the Life of Angella Riordan – Submitted by Donna Hicks