James O’Neil, born in Clonakilty, County Cork, Ireland, died 1854. He married Johannah O’Sullivan, born 1815 in Clonakilty, County Cork, Ireland, died 1873. They came to NB in 1849 and settled in Saint John.
1) Patrick O’Neil born 1842 , d. 1877
2) Matthew O’Neil: [born 1842, d.1915] settled in Saint John
3) Mary O’Neil [b. 1845] m. James Casey of London, England
4) Catherine O’Neil [b. July 1849, d. Jan. 1930] m. Peter Clark of Boston, MA
5) John O’Neil b. 1846  in Ireland, m. (1st) 1876 Mary Hayes b. – , d. 1877, d/o James Hayes of Saint John: had a child that died in infancy: m. (2nd) Oct 1879 Catherine McGill d/o Lawrence McGill of Saint John: had eight children
6) Daniel J. O’Neil born 1854 in Saint John, m. 1878 Ellen Clarke born at Green Castle, Newry, Ireland and came to NB when she was three years old: d/o John Clarke: had eight children.
8) Ellen, b. 1846 and died in Ireland
PANB:MC80/338 I. Allen Jack’s Biographical Review, pages 351-352.
Items in red print provided by Paul O’Neil [email@example.com] from information he found in Ireland