children mentioned in the 1851 Chatham census were:
1) Johanna White born c1821, married Mr. Thompson and had issue
2) James White Jr. born c1823, m. Alice – b. c1817: settled in Newcastle, NB
3) Margaret White b. c1830
4) Richard White born c1832.
PANB:MC80/2184 W.D. Hamilton’s Dictionary of Miramichi Biography.
Thomas White born 22 May 1832 near Glasgow, Scotland, was the son of Leslie White. He came to NB in 1845 and eventually settled in Saint John. In 1857 he married Charlotte E. Armstrong, daughter of John Armstrong. She came from Ireland to Saint John as an infant.
1) Thomas F. White b. 9 May 1857, m. 1885 Sarah Cochran of Saint John: settled in Saint John and had four children
2) William White: settled in Saint John
3) Frank White: settled in Saint John
4) Edwin Pinkerton White b. 1870, d. 1877
5) Frederick White b. 1873, died 1877
6) Harry Duffel White
7) Frederick E. White
8) – White d. in infancy.
PANB:MC80/338 I. Allen Jack’s Biographical Review, pages 372-374.