Kavanagh’s Point: Campbellton: Community on Restigouche River, 2 mi. NE of Atholville, on the road to Richardsville: Eldon Parish and Addington Parish, Restigouche County: first called Cavenick’s or Kavanagh’s Point, Quinton’s Point and Martin’s Point: renamed for Sir Archibald Campbell (1769-1843), the lieutenant governor of NB from 1831-1837: PO Campbellton from 1837 with A. McKendrick as postmaster: in 1866 Campbellton was a farming and lumbering community with about 50 families: in 1871 it had a population of 600: in 1898 it was a sub-port of entry, a station on the Intercolonial Railway and a town with 1 post office, 45 stores, 3 hotels, 7 steam sawmills, 2 sash and door factories and planing mills, 1 foundry and machine shop, 2 printing offices, 6 churches and a population of 3,500: included Richardsville and St. Albert: in 1888 Campbellton was incorporated as a town, and as a city in 1958.
Keenan Siding: Settlement on N side Southwest Miramichi River, 2 mi. N of Howard, on road to Blackville: Blackville Parish, Northumberland County: Michael Keenan was a settler: today Keenan Siding is a dispersed community.
Kelly Island: In Oromocto Lake. Named for David Kelly (or Kelley), a lumberman who was marooned there during a storm.
Kellys Creek: Flows W into Mactaquac Lake. Named for John Kelly, Loyalist settler, 1784.
Kent Settlement: Former community in Kent Hills, 3 mi. SE of Prosser Brook, on road to Alma: Elgin Parish, Albert County: named for John Kent, from Ireland, 1859: it also included Sherman Settlement or Sherman Road, 1 mi. N of Kent Settlement: PO 1889-1913: in 1904 Sherman Road was a farming community with 1 post office.
Keohan: See Smiths Creek (Studholm Parish, Kings County)
Kerrs Ridge: Settlement on E side Kerr Lake, 3 mi. S of Elmsville, on road to Bocabec: Saint Patrick Parish, Charlotte County: named for John Kerr who came from Ireland in 1817: also called Carrs Ridge and Bocabec Ridge: today it is a dispersed community.
Kerr Lake: 1817, N of St. Andrews. Named for John Kerr, from Ireland 1817. Formerly known as Long Lake and North Lake. Kerr Ridge is on the E side of the lake.
Kerry: See New Ireland (Alma Parish, Albert County)
Kerry: PO c1885-1932, 10 miles N of Alma. Named for County Kerry in Ireland.
Kilfoil: Settlement, 3 mi. NE of Johnville: Kent Parish, Carleton County: PO 1880-1936 with John Kilfoil as first postmaster: in 1898 Kilfoil was a farming settlement with 1 post office and a population of 100: today it is a dispersed community.